Tuesday, February 25, 2014

"Victorious Star" by Morgan Hawke

"Victorious Star" by Morgan Hawke mixes stellar sci-fi action with sizzling hot erotica, a masterfully written adventure that's bound to keep you flipping pages and squirming in your seat...




BLURB:

Genre: Science Fiction; BDSM/Fetish
Series: Interstellar Service & Discipline; Next Book: Fallen Star

Victoria Stark is an Imperial Navigations Pilot known among the sentient battleships as the Victorious Star—for sacrificing her captains to save her ships. Strong-willed and resourceful, she has never lost a ship she's flown—and never serviced a captain she's had.

Captain Ravnos of the Mercenary dreadnaught Hellsbreath rules his crew with an iron will. First Officer Seht is a skeldhi prince whose specialty is erotic discipline. They're on a mission, and in need of a nav-pilot.

Kidnapped into service on the Hellsbreath, Victoria is caught between two very different men locked in their own private and erotic power struggle. And then there's the mission…

The Moribund Company has captured the Imperial Dreadnaught Arcane, and intends to auction the sentient ship to the highest bidder. Unfortunately, Moribund himself is attending the auction and Ravnos is forced to remain onboard the Hellsbreath for Moribund has a personal vendetta against the handsome captain. It is up to Victoria and First Officer Seht to go deep undercover at the Mordred Space Station to rescue the Arcane.

To complete the mission and return to her duties as an Imperial Officer, Victoria must become Prince Seht's rehkyt—a pet, literally and figuratively. Not allowed on the furniture and kept at the end of a leash, Victoria discovers that there are worse things than servicing your captain. Or are there?

Publisher's Note: This book contains explicit sexual content, graphic language, and situations that some readers may find objectionable: Anal play/intercourse, BDSM (including bondage, domination/submission, whipping), menage (m/m/f), and homoerotic sexual situations (m/m, f/f).


AMAZON REVIEWS:

5-STARS - "Intense" by Nice
The story was brutal, sexy, and exciting. It had engaging characters and intriguing world-building. It was very intense, and not for everybody, but I loved it. I actually bought it on the strength of one of the lowest reviews... what offends one reader might be attractive to another.

5-STARS - "Great Story + Dubcon/Capture Fantasy" by Lina Sacher
4.5 Hot Capture Fantasy Stars
I picked up this book based on a recommendation from someone who really understood my love for dub con and and sexy aliens. And this story was like hitting the jackpot in sex scenes – they were seriously hot (like one-handed reading every time hot) and plentiful. But even as plentiful as the sex scenes were, I didn’t think they was too much (maybe just a little) and they worked well with the story – serving a purpose in the overall plot.
The plot was interesting, it definitely had my attention and I really wanted to keep turning the pages to learn what would happen next (and no, not just because I wanted to get to the next sex scene). There was a deeper theme – a theme that explored honor and love.
I liked the heroes. Hardass as they were, they had reasons for everything they did, even the things that seemed callous and harsh at first glance. They were also ridiculously sexy and dominant and possessive in all the ways that made all my girly bits tingle. I liked the heroine as well. She was strong, opinionated, and feisty.
There was so much awesome with this book that I really, really wanted to give it a full five stars (hearts), but I couldn’t do it because the writing itself was a bit distracting at some points. Stuff like having the word “snorted” appearing 104 times. Not so distracting that I didn’t enjoy the book. Actually, I enjoyed the story thoroughly and highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys dubious consent and science fiction, hot BDSM and sex – M/F, M/M/F, M/M, and F/F – all the possible variations are present here. All single-hand-reading worthy.

5-STARS - "Excellent Series" by Pat
Really good story. I really liked that Victoria was so tough and strong. Enjoyed the interactions with Ravnos and Seht. I wish we could see more of these three!
I am hopping over the second in the series to the prequel that that tells how Ravnos and Seht got together, then I'll come back to read the second.

5-STARS - "Yay!" by Tracy
I loved this book!! This was the first of its "type" I ever picked up and boy did it blow my socks off (and my mind and a few other things too). Not for the faint of heart but great for a sci-fi loving kink curious girl like me! Thanks Ms. Morgan Hawke, look forward to reading more from you!

5-STARS - "Love Morgan Hawke" by ReaLee A. Mercier
I have read this whole series as ebooks on my computer and loved them so much I had to have them for the Kindle. Cannot say enough good things about this author and the fantasy books she writes.

5-STARS - "Excellent BDSM SF" by Cheap and Lazy
I haven't found much decent erotic SF, even less for BDSM, so this was a rare and much enjoyed treat. The world building is detailed and superior, with a really good and believable plot. It's not highly romantic, nor is it PC (politically correct) BDSM, as another viewer here noted. In fact, it's on the darker end of this genre. But it does well there, and the sex, though frequent, never overwhelms the story. I read the prequel, Lost Star, and enjoyed that as well, even though m/m is not my favorite. I will definitely be reading the next book in the series, Fallen Star, though it doesn't appear to involve any of the characters in the first two.

5-STARS - "Great Beach Read" by Nicole
Where have I been? Who knew futuristic sci-fi is the perfect vehicle for some very kinky relationships? I guess I need to expand my mind and start looking to the stars! Other reviews have commented on how 'brutal' the action in this book is. I respectfully disagree. I found the complex relationship between Victoria, Seht and Ravnos to be incredibly erotic. I suppose if what you normally read is set in some contemporary BDSM club, complete with all the requisite rules and guidelines to ensure no one ever forgets they are playing game then this might seem extreme to you. Honestly, that is why I usually pass up the contemporary books for ones set in some paranormal or urban environment. What I loved about this book is how well written it is. If you are like me and struggle to find great authors in the erotic genre, this 3-part series suggests that Morgan Hawke is a good bet.


O'LEARY'S REVIEW ON GOODREADS:

4-STARS
Even though parts of this book weren't my cup of tea (I'm not a fan of forced or non-consensual sex), I thoroughly enjoyed this erotic sci-fi read. The author did a stellar job with world-building and storyline, the writing itself was gratifyingly smooth and flowing, and the sex was explode-your-kindle hot! The relationship between the two males (who were already an established couple) and the female Victoria seemed a little abrupt to me, jumping from raging lust to love like a ship lurching into hyper-drive, but I could shrug past that in light of how much enjoyment and fun I gained from the rest of this great adventure. I highly recommend!



ALSO AVAILABLE:



Lost Star, prequel to Victorious Star



Fallen Star (Interstellar Service and Discipline, Book 2)


AUTHOR'S LINKS:

Amazon Author Page
Author's Homepage:
Goodreads Author Page
Dark Erotica Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment