Wednesday, February 5, 2014

"Jade" by Rose Montague

With a gorgeous cover and fascinating storyline, Jade by Rose Montague is sure thing for paranormal romance lovers!





BLURB:
Jade is a little bit shifter, a little bit witch, a little bit Fae, a little bit vamp, and a whole lot of fun. Jade has arranged things so she is partnered with a shifter bear as police detectives on a big case involving vamps killing humans. There is some mystery to the book and many surprises. Jade's origins, where she came from and why she is here are revealed along the way. A lot of humor , action, and fun involving a visit to Faerie, assassination attempts, adventures in driving, a magical dagger, and a little romance happen along the way. By the end, much of the mystery and her beast is revealed, and her origins and background are explained. All of this with a good deal of humor and some real shockers along the way.


AMAZON REVIEWS:

5-STARS - "Worth the Read" by N. Nix
Pros: Rose Montague has a lot of imagination and over the course of this story, she used her creativity to weave an incredibly original story combining witches, fae, shifters, vampire, and even the mortal police. My favorite part about this book is that the supernatural world is known to one and all. There's no masquerade, no secrecy, and everything it out there in the open. I love the idea of a supernatural department at the local PD and the FBI.
Cons: I wasn't so cool with Jade being the mutt of the immortal world, but as I continued to read, the idea kind of grew on me, little by little. When the big secret comes out and you come to understand why Jade is such a mix of everything, there's a strange logic to it that excuses the mix of so many creatures.
All in all, I was entertained and that's ultimately what a book is intended to do. The story flows fast, the pacing is good, and the underlying murder mystery kept my interest.


5-STARS - "Phenomenal Adventure Ride" by Amazon Customer
When I started the book, Jade, I will tell you I had originally thought that I would not like it. It isn't my typical genre of book. However, after the first page I was hooked. The plot twists kept me on my toes and it was NEVER predictable. Just when I thought I had things figured out, I was proven wrong. I would say that this would make an excellent movie, and I really cannot wait for the follow up in the installment! I would definitely see Rose Montague having a successful career in the writing world. I would certainly read anything by her in the future.


5-STARS - "The Journey Is Just Beginning" by Elgon Williams
Rose Montague is someone I have not met in person. That never really matters between authors, though. You sort of expect to eventually meet the people you genuinely like right off the bat. Whether that happens depends on circumstance.
Between authors, there is an unspoken understanding of the courage and self-discipline a writer must have in order to finish a book let alone offer it for public scrutiny. I think Rose and I shared that connection from the start.
How I know her is from online book launch parties she and i attend from time to time. Also we know some of the same other authors. From those interactions I have come to appreciate her sense of humor and I know she is loyal to those she calls her friends. Those are qualities of greatness in character for both the person she is and the author she has become.
Jade is a book that I hope no reviewer spoils. It's adventurous in exploring some new ground and doesn't fit comfortably into a particular genre. That is a sign of greatness for a book, by the way. The plot has twists and turns as one would expect but they come exactly when they're unexpected leaving the reader to want for more. Whether you read it now and discover Rose as an author you will follow or you find it later on when some future offering captures your imagination enough that you seek out her previous works, you will eventually read it. The best time to read any good book is now, of course.
Sometimes the first book from an author define him or her. Other times it is a stone that is carried around our neck for a while as readers pigeon hole an author with a genre. Categories are saddles but when combined with unbridled imagination, the ride is nevertheless wild. Readers may believe they know what to expect from having read one books, so a first effort is important in establishing a mindset. But expecting the case of writing a first book in a series, a reader should approach every book from an author with an mind wide open and free of expectations.
First books open avenues for exploring a vast array of worlds we discover within us in the process of writing. Whatever it takes to write the first book, it becomes like a first child. In a way it is the outgoing, adventurous, brash, conceited older sibling the ones that follow both rely on and envy. It breaks through and establishes ever instance of tolerance from its father or mother and creates the space into which its brothers and sisters learn to grow and flourish.
First novels, then, as vital works but sometimes they prove to be not the best effort of an author, but instead only a good indication of what is to come. Since Jade is a first book, only time will tell what the sophomore and subsequent offerings will be.
Rose is writing the sequel to Jade. Sometimes those are the hardest books to write but usually they don't take as long as the first book to produce. So for those who want to read more about Jade, there is hope that it won't take too ling. The painstaking process of learning how to write can be dispensed with for the second time a writer goes at it. From there onward, writing is more about each book than the prospect of becoming published.
Books like Jade endear and author to core readers. It would be a travesty to read such a magical book that inspires us to dream as they read. A few readers may be transformed in the process and become aspiring writers willing to take their own risks to capture fantasy worlds and describe them to others on the written page.


5-STARS - "Wonderful New Paranormal World!" by TnT Reviews
How to write this review without any spoilers? Hmm. First of all, I absolutely loved it. I adored all the characters and the interactions between them. I loved the loyalty and support they gave to a new friend. This storyline was very unique and included all my favorite paranormal aspects. It had Fae, Witches, Shifters, and Vampires. This book also had everything I look for in a great story. Suspense, action, humor, and romance. The writing really flowed and was easy to follow. I found myself unable to put it down. I had to keep reading to find out how it would end. And when I got to the end, I found I wanted more. I can’t wait for the next book in this wonderful new adventure.


5-STARS - "A great book to spend the day reading" by Susan Stielow
In my opinion, Jade is a fast paced book with a unique mixture of characters that is sure to please even the pickiest of readers. I found that I really liked the many sides that the main character possesses, and how she uses the unique abilities that those sides give her. I'm looking forward to book 2, and reading about what happens next.


AUTHOR LINKS:

Amazon Author Page
Goodreads Author Profile
Facebook Profile
Twitter ID @RoseMontague


2 comments: